Although children are just entering winter vacation, many mothers have already started planning summer activities for their children. "Under the new education policy in China, homework has been reduced, the general burden has been lifted, and anxiety has been contained. Moreover, at the same time, the quality of learning has not been reduced, and the vision and knowledge of education initiatives have also not reduced."
But at the same time, we are left to ask ourselves, what summer activities are more meaningful to choose with children? Summer vacation is long. We should plan carefully. In addition to letting the children relax and do more outdoor sports, we can divide the activities suitable for summer vacation into the following aspects:
(1) Explore interests and inspiring thinking by getting your child into good reading habits. Reading is one of the best extracurricular activities.
(2) Let your child read different types of books and dabble in diverse forms of knowledge. Spending at least an hour a day can help improve children's reading skills. It can help them gain knowledge, increase vocabulary, and more.
(3) Listening and speaking and reading and writing skills can all be improved by reading books. Therefore, reading is beneficial to students in every way because it enriches their overall language competency.
(4) Let your child explore the outside world. Summer vacations can be made more fun by accompanying your kids on trips. Giving them chances to explore the world, breathe fresh air, exercise, and observation are synonymous with a child's growth. Under the epidemic, many kinds of online information databases and documentaries can also bring children to experience the world together.
(5) Engage in various online and offline activities. If children have good language skills, they can participate in summer programs in foreign universities. Especially for middle school students who plan to study abroad, from grades 8 to 12, we must make good use of our winter and summer vacation time to empower ourselves and help us apply. For grades 8-9, we can choose less competitive summer schools and focus on those that help us explore interests and enhance communication. For grades 10-11, we need to apply for more competitive summer schools, such as summer preparatory courses and research projects in famous overseas schools. During year 12, they can continue to participate in various competitive programs. There are also many online and offline activities to explore science and enter the literary world. All in all, everyone needs to explore a lot.
Engage in online research projects and courses. High school students already have good foundational thinking abilities and intellectual capacity. They can find and use various resources, participate in certain online scientific research projects, explore new scientific fields, and learn new concepts and technologies. It is also a way to explore further the direction you want to study once entering a university. For example, some new scientific fields, such as computer programming, machine learning, data science, etc., are subjects that every middle and high school student should be exposed to.
Moreover, they should learn a certain basic subject, even if they do not go in this direction. In addition, things such as speech ability, entrepreneurial ability, management ability cultivation all need attention. Everyone can get to know and contact more, plan, and empower their future. (We also recommend our summer online data strategy project to parents and students. For example, this summer, Professor Greg L., a Haas School of Business professor at the University of California, Berkeley, will conduct data science learning and project research for five weeks. For details, please refer to the end of the article.
The second category: public welfare activities, develop goodwill
To keep your children active and aware of the world around them during the holidays, encourage children to volunteer as much as they can. Volunteering for children can help them learn to manage their time, solve problems, and develop social skills and a helpful, sharing character when working with others. Contact your local community, government, museums, libraries, orphanages, nursing homes, and other social welfare agencies for practical help and jobs. It is also suggested that children can spontaneously help their classmates and friends who need help around them to the best of their ability. For students who plan to study in the United States in the future, special attention should be paid to the experience of volunteering and other public welfare activities. American universities expect students to be all-American, willing to share, thoughtful, and well-meaning.
Developing talents and enriching life is also essential. Our children may now have chosen one or several hobbies for long-term study as a form of relaxation to get away from their schoolwork and focus on developing all-around abilities. A wealth of talent activities fosters passionate and distinctive students. Your classmates can develop great qualities: passion, dedication, perseverance, commitment, time management, prioritization, etc. These qualities are significant for children's studies, further education, and future work, and special talents, interests, or hobbies can also make children stand out from the crowd.
Summer Data Strategy Research Program with a Professor at Berkeley
This course is aimed at students in grades 9-12 with good English skills worldwide. It is suitable for students in any direction, especially those interested in finance, data science, computing, business, biology, and STEM. In the future, all universities Graduates should understand and master certain data science knowledge. That is because of the huge potential and energy contained in "big data." It is now rapidly accumulating in all walks of life, and the technical foundation and practical ability of the entire data industry are also constantly evolving. For these reasons and more, learning data strategies can help students become valuable assets to all kinds of companies.
Through this project-based learning program, you will get the project results:
• Learn the fundamentals of data science directly with UC Berkeley professors
• Understand the business applications of data science
• Apply predictive analytics to real-world case studies
• Master data management software tools such as BigML and DataRobot
• Data analysis using datasets provided in the course
• Gain valuable experience through in-depth academic reports and research papers
About the Coach (Professor Greg L.)
• Professor, Haas School of Business, UC Berkeley
• Former professor at the University of Pennsylvania, Duke University, and University of Virginia
• Four bachelor's degrees, one master's degree, and two doctorate degrees (Finance and Law)
• The only interdisciplinary professor to teach in the School of Business, Law, and Engineering
• Recipient of teaching awards, including the Earl F. Cheit Award for Distinguished Teaching, 2009;
• Haas EWMBA Graduate Mentor of the Year, 2004-2005
• Co-founder of Ed-Tech startups
• Director and advisor to Skydeck, Fintech hub, and many more startups and incubators.
• The first professor in the country to offer an interdisciplinary blockchain course.
Harmony Plus official website data strategy project link:
For data science project consultation, please scan the QR code below: